We all know computers are not very green. They use quite a bit of power then you have the printer, the monitor and the additional items we all have. All of this does not help when trying to be as green or as eco as possible. In computer/laptop repairs this can be even worse.
But as a company IT To Go go sees this as a important issues and on a daily basis try’s to do it bit. and every little helps.
Here at IT To Go Computer Services we try in many ways to be as green as possible.
Below is what we do to try to help:
- We use as little paper as possible
- We only print what we realy need to print
- We use scrap, old or misprinted paper where possible for notes, ideas and messages.
- We use recycled cartridges in our printers with high quality ink
- We print in draft and black only where possible
- We only print what we really need to print
- We turn off all monitors when not in use
- We turn off all printers/scanners when not in use
- We turn off all copy centre printers and copiers when not in use
- We turn off all computers when not needed and at the end of each day
- We turn off all equipment we can at the plug when not in use
- We use LED spotlights when working inside computers
- We try to make as much use of natural light as possible
- In our work areas and showroom we use LED lighting
- In most other areas we try and use Energy efficient lighting
- We recycle all paper unless it has sensitive information on it
- Cans are recycled
- Plastic bottles are recycled or reused
- Cardboard is recycled
- Cardboard boxes are reused or recycled
- The buildings we use have good insulation including roof insulation and cavity wall insulation where possible
Old Computers and Electronic Waste
- We reuse electronics as second hand parts
- We recycle bits we cannot use either to other people or businesses or to the local recycling
- Our company vehicle are all very efficient and low on Co2 emissions.